Bonnie Davis, RCST®
Education and Certifications
Tummytime!™ Certification, Michelle Emanuel, Portland, OR, 2015
Child’Space Certification Training, Dan Rindler, Barbara Leverone, New York, NY, 2013-2014
Completed Nurturing Pathways Certification, Seattle, WA, 2013
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Training, Cherionna Menzam, Nelson, BC, 2007-2010
Prenatal Birth Attachment Therapy Training, Myrna Martin, Nelson, BC, 2004-2007
- Professional training learning to work with families and heal early imprints from conception to early infancy thereby supporting secure attachment.
- Creating therapeutic presence
- Facilitating adults /parents in small group process
- Helping client develop their inner resources using verbal, energetic and touch skills in context of prenatal/birth/attachment therapy
- Establish and maintain clear and effective therapeutic boundaries
- Recognizing the way prenatal and birth imprinting affects family dynamics.
Wise Woman Way Of Birth Doula Training, Gloria Lemay, Midwife and Educator, 2004
- Prenatal diet counseling
- Client interviews
- Birth planning
- Stages of birth
- Postpartum care
- History taking
Childbirth Educator Training, Douglas College, 1999-2001
- Family centered maternity care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Lifestyle in pregnancy
- Labour and birth
- Pain management
- Serving the socially disadvantaged client
- Infant nutrition
- Principles of adult education
Breastfeeding Counsellor Training, Sandra Yates, Douglas College, 1998
- Breastfeeding management and support
- Counseling skills
Teachers Assistant, Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Colorado School of Energy Studies, Boulder, Colorado, 2015-2017
Supporting students to understand through hands-on practical support, holding space and being available to answer questions. Providing supervision for students out of class time including tracking and marking homework
Teachers Assistant, Prenatal Birth Attachment Therapy Training, Main facilitator: Myrna Martin RN, RCC, and RCST, 2011-2016
- Supporting students in learning to work with families and adults to heal early imprints from conception to early infancy thereby supporting secure attachment
The Family Continuum: Birth and postpartum doula, Biodynamic Craniosacral therapist, 2002-present
- Supporting families prenatally, at birth and during postpartum, providing education, emotional support and access to available resources in the community
- Working with families in early trauma resolution. Helping families heal early imprints related to the pregnancy, the birth process and early postpartum period
- Providing Craniosacral support to the whole family
Gathering Place Resource Centre, Position: Ultimate High Program Coordinator, 2005-2008
Working with High Risk street youth ages 18-27 teaching them stilt-walking and performance skills
- Acting as a liaison between the Gathering Place, Mortal Coil Performance society, Vancouver Foundation and francophone outreach workers
- Providing one on one counselling using reflective language skills to create an open, safe environment for the youth to share their struggles with living on the street and addiction
- We helped build self-esteem by teaching them new skills, bringing them out into the community to perform and recognizing their strengths and talents
- Coordinated field trips to various community events and festivals where the youth performed
Organic Birth Support Services, Position: Childbirth Educator, 2003-2006
Co-founded Organic Birth Support Services with two other women and created 6-week prenatal classes for pregnant couples that focused on changes in pregnancy (emotional, physical and spiritual), nutrition, the physiology of birth, postpartum care, postpartum depression, infant care and bonding and attachment. Provided ongoing support into the postpartum period.
Care Giver, 1992-1999
Supported many families over a 7-year period as a full time nanny of several children.
Dynamic Embodiment with Children: Learning through movement, Dr. Martha Eddy, Ed.D, CMA, RSMT, Director of the Center for Kinesthetic Education in NYC, 2012
Learning to support infants, toddlers and elementary aged children’s psychomotor needs and learn activities that can be applied in therapy and at home.
Somatic Trauma Resolution Skills, Sharon Porter, Colorado, RPP, SEP, RCST®, 2011
Learning how to re-regulate our physiology and nervous system when it has been traumatized
Grief, Loss, and Attachment Issues in Working with Children, Kathy Priest-Peries, Justice Institute, New Westminster, 2008
Understanding a model of grief that provides both a guideline for assessment and a map for treatment. Understanding how grief and loss impact the developmental processes of children.
Sand play Therapy Level 1 and 2, Marie Jose Dhaese PhD, RCC, ATR, CET, Justice Institute, New Westminster, 2008
Using the healing power of imagery through the medium of Sand Play Therapy to safely facilitate symbolic expression and transformation of painful experiences, and also provide ways of creating healing images in order to help children, youth, and adults face the challenges of their daily lives.
Psychotherapy from the Inside Out: The Brain of the Mindful therapist, Daniel Siegel MD, Justice Institute, New Westminster, 2007
Exploration on how to enhance deeper levels of integration with ourselves and those we care for.
Expressive Play Therapy Level 1 and 2, Marie Jose Dhaese PhD, RCC, ATR, CET Justice Institute, New Westminster, 2007
Using expressive play therapy as a holistic and integrative practice that addresses the physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual needs of the child in therapy.
Strengthening Attachment, Myrna Martin RN, RCC, RCST Burnaby Family Life Institute, 2006
Practical ways, applicable to a variety of settings, to support secure attachment development with families.
Volunteered at the Hastings Community School in Vancouver BC, two years in a row reading to the grade 2 children at story time, helping with their work, and creating a drama program for the grade 4 students
Promoted and participated as a panelist for Honouring the Young Child through connection, trust and respect at the Vancouver Waldorf School, June 2007
- Facilitated film evenings on the topics of natural birth and water birth
- Organized and presented seminars at community centers on healthy pregnancy, bonding with your unborn child and creating secure attachment