On the Move developmental movement Group Classes
Babies and toddlers are on the move! And that is a good thing because movement is essential to learning. Movement integrates and anchors new information into our neural networks and is crucial for overall development.
Through movement babies and toddlers develop better orientation in space, body awareness and movement options that lead to new connections in their brains. This builds self-confidence and grows children that feel competent, capable and self-assured.
Developmental Play with Babies
This is a unique class that creates a playful environment for babies to learn. These classes focus on touch, movement and face-to-face exploration that supports attachment, motor development, social/emotional and cognitive growth. I use a specific quality of touch to ‘map’ the baby’s body awareness in their brain that improves movement. Touch leads to healthier weight gain; better sleep habits and lower levels of anxiety.
Developmental play with babies Class includes
- Different kinds of touch that support early brain mapping
- Valuable information on brain and nervous system development
- Fun ways to incorporate tummy time into your day to day
- Classic nursery rhymes with touch and movement that follow developmental movement patterns
- Face to face interactions that develop language acquisition
- New calming and soothing techniques
- Different ways to support lifting of the head, rolling, and early crawling
- World music with great beats and instruments for baby to explore
- Tips, activities, songs to try at home!
- A great social environment for both mom and baby!
Upcoming Class Dates
Developmental Play with Toddlers
This is a unique class that supports playful interaction with your toddler. This class focuses on different kinds of touch that stimulate their nerve receptors, movement, exploration of the space, and activities that support a variety of skills. We talk to the toddler’s brain with specific activities that help refine their balance, language skills, social/emotional intelligence and motor planning.
DevelopmeNTAL PLAY WITH toddlers CLASS INCLUDES
- A fun environment for your toddler to learn with one on one time with parent or caregiver
- Opportunities for bonding and attachment
- Touch and movement which stimulate developmental movement patterns that help organize the brain
- Great fun music and instruments to play with
- Ideas for great activities to try at home
- Repetition each week which is crucial for toddlers learning
- Opportunities for language acquisition, self regulation and social/emotional skills
- Practice with transitions from one activity to another